An SABC union wants the public broadcaster to be placed under administration. Disgruntled SABC employees are on their way to the Union Buildings to hand over a memorandum to President Cyril Ramaphosa. They are calling for an urgent meeting with the president to discuss an end to the corporation’s retrenchment process and the dissolution of the SABC board. The Communication Workers’ Union’s Aubrey Tshabalala says they are planning a go-slow tomorrow, and on Friday they intend to have a blackout of all programmes between eleven o’clock and two o’clock.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria