US climate envoy John Kerry has asked the Democratic Republic of Congo to withdraw some of the oil blocks that it put up for auction in July this year in order to protect its forests. Kerry made the call on the sidelines of a climate conference in the DRC capital Kinshasa.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops