US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin has said the US hopes the war in Ukraine will result in a weaker Russia that will be deterred from future invasions. Kate fisher reports that, speaking after meeting with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky in Kyiv, his comments reflect a toughening of the Biden Administration’s rhetoric towards Moscow.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho