The United States says it will ease sanctions against Venezuela if the government of President Nicolas Maduro commits to hold talks with the opposition movement led by Juan Guaido. Nick Harper reports though that the sanctions relief would also overturn the ban on US oil company Chevron operating in the Latin American country.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid