The United States says it will ease sanctions against Venezuela if the government of President Nicolas Maduro commits to hold talks with the opposition movement led by Juan Guaido. Nick Harper reports though that the sanctions relief would also overturn the ban on US oil company Chevron operating in the Latin American country.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised