US President Joe Biden has said the country will send more advanced rocket systems to Ukraine, as Russian troops press their ferocious bid to complete the capture of a key eastern city. The AFP news agency reports that the battle for Severodonetsk has grown in intensity in recent days, with heavy casualties on both the Ukrainian and Russian sides. Reacting to the news, Moscow said today that the planned delivery of new US weapons to Ukraine increases the risk of drawing the US into direct conflict with Russia.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised