The Supreme Court looks poised to overturn a landmark ruling allowing abortion for women across the United States, according to Politico magazine which said an initial draft majority opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito that it had obtained showed the court had voted to strike down the 1973 Roe v Wade decision. Four of the other Republican-appointed justices reportedly voted with Alito in the conference held among the justices after hearing oral arguments in December, and continued to support the opinion described by Democratic New York Governor Kathy Hochul as a “disgraceful attack” on women’s right to choose. Many Republicans however hailed the draft ruling.
- Hyphen Hydrogen Energy signs non-binding Memorandums of Understanding with two major industrial companies
- Another twist revealed in the R1 billion South Africa Tourism investment saga
- Pope Francis wraps up visit to Democratic Republic of Congo
- Travel and Tourism Forum launched National Tour Guide Registration Database for local tourism industry
- Zimbabwe’s Central Bank allows for exporters to keep 75% of foreign currency