The United States is automatically cancelling all remaining federal student loans owed by more than a half million former students who attended a now-defunct network of schools called Corinthian Colleges, in what Benji Hyer reports, is the single largest discharge of student debt by the government in history.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised