Popular Democratic Movement president McHenry Venaani has written an open letter to Tanzanian president, Samia Suluhu Hassan requesting the immediate release of opposition leader Freeman Mbowe from police custody. Venaani, writing in his capacity as chairperson of the Democrat Union of Africa, said that he would also like to pay a formal visit to Mbowe, who has been behind bars since July last year after he was arrested along with a number of other senior Chadema officials in a night-time police raid just hours before they were to hold a public forum to demand constitutional reforms in Tanzania.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops