With South African President Cyril Ramaphosa due to arrive in Namibia in due course to engage in bilateral talks with President Hage Geingob, leader of the PDM, McHenry Venaani has called on Geingob to include in his discussions the matter of the Transboundary Water Agreement. Venaani says that despite promises having been made that the border between Namibia and South Africa would be moved to the middle of the Orange River, decades later no such formal agreement has ever been concluded. He says that doing so would “redress socio-economic challenges domestically, whilst also providing sustainable and collaborative expansion of intra- and inter water basin transfers which would help alleviate competition over scarce water resources”.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera