Energy analyst Chris Yelland says a three-month forecast on South African power utility Eskom’s website shows that the risk of loadshedding is code red for every week for the next three months, insisting that the company doesn’t have any reserve generation capacity and any further loss of generation units will result in load-shedding.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria