Two weeks after a group of Angolan immigrants was expected to be repatriated to their country from Etunda in the Omusati region, the whereabouts of nearly 500 of them is “unknown”. According to Etunda village secretary, 1 792 Angolan migrants were registered to be repatriated to their country but only 1 300 have gone back. He said the whereabouts of the others are unknown. He further said he saw some of them at a location at Etunda. They have put up tents in the area where they sleep. Authorities said they will investigate the situation in Etunda.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho