The World Health Organisation (WHO) remains concerned about the health and wellbeing of girls. Covid-19 represents a huge challenge for adolescents and young people, and especially for girls and young women. Newsflash reports that WHO’s Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus says they have to improve the lives and health of girls, who themselves must be at the centre of efforts.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria