The World Health Organisation Wednesday urged rich countries to pay their fair share of the money needed for its plan to conquer Covid-19 by contributing $16 billion as a matter of urgency. The AFP reports that the WHO said the rapid cash injection into its Access to Covid Tools Accelerator could finish off Covid as a global health emergency this year. The WHO-led ACT-A is aimed at developing, producing, procuring, and distributing tools to tackle the pandemic: vaccines, tests, treatments and personal protective equipment.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho