Ugandan opposition leader Bobi Wine said at the Geneva Summit for Human Rights and Democracy that more than 85% of Ugandans have seen no other president in their lifetime, because President Yoweri Museveni has always changed the constitution to stay in power. News24 reports that Wine said that world leaders who give an ear to dictators were enablers of the oppression faced by Africans back home and pleaded for world leaders to cut funding and cooperation with Museveni’s government. He also called for direct sanctions against Museveni and his key allies in government and military, adding that they should be tried under international law for human rights abuses.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism