In its fourth hearing of the month, the congressional committee investigating the January 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol featured emotional testimonies from witnesses who highlighted former President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 elections. Al Jazeera reports that the panel highlighted efforts by Trump and his aides to illegitimately replace electors from states that Biden had won – a scheme that one witness, Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers, described as a “tragic parody”. Several officials even testified that Trump’s efforts to get them to back his false election fraud allegations resulted in threats and abuse by his supporters against them and their families.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised