A female Somali MP has declared her candidacy for the upcoming presidential elections. The BBC reports that Fawzia Yusuf Adam has joined the male-dominated pool of candidates for the 10 October 2021 vote. Adam is a former deputy prime minister and a former foreign affairs minister. She will run against the incumbent Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed, better known by his nickname Farmajo, and two other former presidents among others.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria