A woman has been sentenced to death by a court in Pakistan after allegedly sending blasphemous messages on WhatsApp and Facebook. The 26-year-old woman was convicted and sentenced following a complaint against her under Pakistan’s cybercrime and blasphemy laws. According to a report in The Guardian, she met her accuser – also a Pakistani – online in 2019 on a mobile gaming app. He said she had sent blasphemous caricatures of prophets and made remarks about “holy personages” on WhatsApp while also using her Facebook account to post blasphemous material to others.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho