The World Bank has slashed its annual forecast for global economic growth, warning that some countries are facing a major recession because of Russia’s war in Ukraine and coronavirus. The bank said eastern Africa and some parts of Europe were particularly affected. Speaking to the BBC, the bank’s head, David Malpass, said some developing countries were facing a ballooning debt, with governments unable to purchase goods.
- EU adds 8 individuals to list of sanctions from DRC
- Windhoek resident assured veld fires are under control
- Zambia urged to strike debt restructuring deal with international creditors
- Ghana’s finance minister survives vote of no confidence
- African National Congress Integrity Commission to deliver Phala Phala report