The Norwegian Refugee Council has warned that the world is paying too little attention to a slew of mass displacements of people across Africa, risking starvation deaths and prolonging conflicts. In a report published today the aid group’s chief Jan Egeland said ‘With the all-absorbing war in Europe’s Ukraine, I fear African suffering will be pushed further into the shadows’ . The countries with the most neglected crises according to the NRC are: the DRC, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, South Sudan, Chad, Mali, Sudan, Nigeria, Burundi, and Ethiopia. In the DRC around 27 million people went hungry last year, or to put it in perspective, one-third of the population.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised