Zambia’s President Hakainde Hichilema is pleased China will co-chair a creditor committee with France during debt negotiations, he told Reuters on Monday, adding that a partial write-off of the country’s $32 billion debt was on the table. Hichilema said Zambia aims to avoid another debt default after it became in 2020 the first country in the pandemic era to default on its debt.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera