Police in Zambia has blocked a protest by doctors who want to be employed by the government. The BBC reports that Police in riot gear stopped the medics from marching up to State House in Lusaka, where the doctors wanted an audience with President Hakainde Hichilema. More than 800 doctors are unemployed in the country and they are hoping to be employed in the forthcoming recruitment round of health personnel.
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho
- Namibia, Botswana border post slows logistics industry