Alleged South African Parliament arsonist, Zandile Mafe, has been released from Valkenberg Psychiatric Hospital. He was sent there for a mental evaluation. Mafe has been transferred to Pollsmoor Prison. The man accused of setting Parliament alight was ordered to undergo a psychiatric assessment. It came after a submission by a prosecutor that he had a mental condition. Mafe, however, launched a legal bid to overturn the order. The Western Cape High Court granted the application. Mafe will remain in custody at Pollsmoor Prison until his bail hearing this weekend.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism