Zimbabwe’s government has appealed to private companies with advanced equipment to help recover the body of a tourist who slipped at the Victoria Falls, the Herald newspaper reports. Zimbabwe’s Tourism Minister Mangaliso Ndlovu said retrieval efforts were continuing and that there was a challenge of equipment. He said the government had so far identified only one mine with the required equipment, the newspaper reports. The minister sent condolences to the family of the tourist whose body is still in the gorge. The tourist was last pictured walking along the edge of the scenic falls. Witnesses said the man was taking photos at the tourist attraction site when he slipped.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria